A manufacturer of snack food products has 8 production lines running 7x24xx365. Management wanted to share real time production KPI information on a large screen TV displays at couple of locations in the plant. Data is recorded in a GE Plant Apps MES system.
The solution was configured in Webalo as follows:
- A SQL database connector was configured and connected to GE Plant Apps.
- The required KPI data was obtained by running a stored procedure against the MES database.
- The stored procedure requests the line number as a parameter and subsequently grabbed the relevant 6 KPIs
- The KPIs were configured to be color coded to display appropriate ranges. The were set to update 1x per minute.
- A parameterized dashboard was created in a Workspace and the KPI Task was dragged onto the Parameterized Dashboard.
- When the parameter was selected, the KPI widgets were configured to show tiles instead of dials or gauges.
- The dashboard was stretched vertically to present in a vertically oriented stripe.
- Each of the 8 dashboards were saved as a single public workspace so the same workspace could be deployed to all uses in the the displays group.
The large screen displays were configured with a small fanless PC able to run a Chrome browser. Webalo Desktop client was loaded into the browser.